Sunday, June 21, 2009

SC233 Two Masculine Takes

Happy Father's Day! I had to reschedule my posts so you'll see my Father's Day cards later in the week because my Dad hadn't got them in the mail yet.

Here are a couple of more cards for my aunt that are both takes on the SCS sketch challenge SC233. This card features two new items from the upcoming catalogue that goes live July 1! The base paper of this card is one of the new "in colours" soft suede (which is my favourite) and the tiny sentiment features the new stamp set "teeny tiny wishes." The image stamp is heat embossed with white embossing powder to raise it up for more detail, then the whole panel is raised on SU dimensionals. I went for a similar look with this card but switched the colours and changed the direction of the card. I "thumped" the image (which means I coloured the whole image in the green galore and then hit it with the gable green marker a few times before stamping) to give it more dimension. It is hard to see well in the photo since the colours are so similar! This card too has the "teeny tiny wishes" sentiment heat embossed in white embossing powder. The main panel is raised up on dimensionals.

Supplies

Card 1
Stamps: SU Embrace Life, SU Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: SU Soft Suede, Versmark
Paper: SU soft suede, ww, kraft, kraft dp
Misc: SU white embossing powder, SU dimensionals

Card 2
Stamps: SU Garden Silhouettes (retired), SU Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: SU gable green, green galore, Versamark
Paper: SU ww, gable green, green galore
Brads: SU green galore brads
Misc: SU white embossing powder, SU dimensionals

1 comments:

Renée said...

These are both gorgeous cards! Love the colour on white theme. TFS :)