Sunday, October 18, 2009

So Cool Birthday

When this years SU catalogue came out I had to have the "So cool" rubons. I loved the colour combos, the images, and the sentiments that it had and I finally decided to take it out of my rubon stash and use it.Rubons are a great alternative to stamps if you are in a hurry, don't like/want to colour in the images, and they are quite inexpensive for the amount that you get in one package. Stampin Up offers so many different sentiments and images in rubons - just check out pages 178 and 179 of the catalogue. I have to admit that even though rubons are quick, this card took me forever - I had a really hard time deciding what colour to make which layers - in the end I'm really happy with the result. The main image is raised up on dimensionals.

Rubons: SU so cool
Paper: SU ww, basic gray, certainly celery, bermuda bay
Ribbon: SU bermuda bay
Misc: SU dimensionals

3 comments:

Carolyn King said...

VERY cool! lovin the greens and blues!

Anonymous said...

It is a great card and I am really glad to see you making cards again!

HoboB

Lynn Put said...

What a fun birthday card! Your right the rubon looks great and I love the color combo!