Sunday, March 14, 2010

Viva La Verve Challenge: Week 1

In searching for my sketch challenges to inspire me, I re-discovered the Viva La Verve monthly challenges. This is for the Week 1 challenge for the month of March. In addition to the sketch challenge, there are three pictures to choose from to inspire your sketch (either colours, textures, etc). The above picture shows the picture that I chose to inspire my card (below). As you can tell, I worked mainly off the colours in the pictures. I love the way this card turned out. These aren't my typical colours but they work well together. The flower was coloured using SU markers and my aquapainter on watercolour paper. It was then cut out and mounted on dimensionals with the leaves adhered behind.

Stamps: SU organic outlines, fifth avenue floral
Ink: SU dusty durango, crushed curry, kiwi kiss (retired), black StazOn
Paper: SU ww, dusty durango, crushed curry, kiwi kiss (retired), watercolour paper
Die-Cut: SU little leaves
Misc: SU aquapainter, dimensionals

2 comments:

Mary J said...

I love the colours - so sophisticated!

jjcreations said...

This is wonderful. I love how you've used the punched leaves behind this flower. Fantastic.