Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Small Housewarming Gift

This past weekend I went to a get together with a bunch of my coworkers. The girl whose house we were going to just recently bought it so I wanted to bring a small housewarming gift for her. I had seen some 3D templates of houses and decided to give one from PTI a try to bring the gift in!

This is the front view of the house. I don't own any house themed stamps so I just cut a couple rectangles for the door and window. Back view of the house. House filled with candy. As you can see, I used some ribbon to cover the edge of the roof piece. This project was so easy but quite time-consuming. I love the way it turned out and my coworker loved it. I even used her actual house as inspiration and used her exterior colours as the colours of the paper house. She is crafty too - but more in a sewing/baking way so she totally appreciated it and showed it off to everyone else who came!

This project features two colours being affected by the colour renovation:
-mellow moss cardstock, which will be retiring so order it soon if you are interested!
-river rock ribbon was an in colour a few catalogues ago, and this colour will be returning as a part of the neutrals collection in July's catalogue!

After spending so much time making the house, I lost all my steam so I created a super simple card. All I did was cut some white cardstock as the card base and matted some of the "good neighbours" dp from SAB on old olive cardstock. Inside the card I stamped the sentiment "welcome home."

Supplies

House
Papers: SU ww, mellow moss, chocolate chip, sahara sand
Ribbon: SU river rock (retired)
Brad: SU silver

Card
Paper: SU ww, old olive, good neighbour dp (retired)
Stamp (inside the card): SU sweet little sentiments (retired)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the look of the house. What a great gift!
HoboB

Jodi Collins said...

This is AMAZING!! I have wanted to try one of these and you have totally enabled me! The card is darling too!!!