I found this stunning card while looking through the SCS gallery and knew I had to CASE it! It uses the Stampin' Up! set "awash with flowers" that will be available in the upcoming catalogue available in July! Of course, I did make a few changes to make this card my own style!
1. I changed the sentiment stamp and it's location.
2. I eliminated one of the flowers
3. I used the rock'n'roll technique to create the shaded effect on the flowers. This is done by inking your stamp in the lighter colour (orchid opulence) then rolling the edges in a darker colour (rich razzleberry).
4. I eliminated the ribbon - I played around with it but couldn't get it to look the way I wanted
5. I changed the brads to old olive
6. I added more layers (probably not that surprising to those who follow my blog)
To get the dimension on the flower petals, I stamped the image on the main panel and then stamped it once more on a spare sheet. On the spare sheet I individually cut out the flower petals and adhered them with dimensionals on the same petal on the main panel.
Hope you enjoy the original card and my take on it!
Stamps: SU Awash with Flowers (available in July), Thank you Kindly
Ink: SU orchid opulence, rich razzleberry, old olive
Paper: SU ww, orchid opulence, rich razzleberry, old olive, cottage wall dp
Brads: SU old olive brads
Misc: SU dimensionals