Thursday, July 14, 2011

Embossed Wedding CASE and off to Haiti

I saw this beautiful wedding card that Lisa made and I knew right away that I would want to CASE it, so I put it in my favourites folder and finally got around to making it. Unfortunately, this is one of those cards that I just could not get a good photo of to do it justice - you'll just have to take my word for it that it is really beautiful in real life!
For my version, I stamped the background panel on using the outlined fabulous floret images in Versamark ink on whisper white cardstock and heat embossed them with white embossing powder. You can't tell in the photo but while the embossing powder was still wet, I sprinkled dazzling diamonds on it so that they sparkle as well. I did the same for the main image panel and the sentiment.

The whole card ends up with a white on white glitter effect that looks quite pretty and actually not difficult to read!

This will be the last of my posts for a while this summer. I'm off to Haiti tomorrow to volunteer nurse there for 8 days plus a few more for travel and I didn't have time to make cards to post while I'm away! If you are interested, you can read a bit more about my nursing trip here. I'm not really nervous about going at all, but this will be the first time in several years that Grant and I have spent this long apart. At least I'll have access to email to see how he and our puppy Maggie are doing!

Stamps: SU Fabulous Florets, Occasional Quotes (retired hostess)
Ink: Versamark
Paper: SU whisper white
Misc: SU white embossing powder, dazzling diamonds glitter, heat tool

4 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

SO gorgeous Allison! Pure elegance!
Have a safe trip to Haiti! How wonderful that you are doing that!

Jen Mitchell said...

This is a very beautiful wedding card. This one is going straight into my favorites so that I can CASE it some day!

Donna Henley said...

Beautiful white on white card, Allison ... I'm going to try that glitter idea and make a card like this for my niece's wedding; thanks for sharing your talent!

cheers,
Donna

Anne Marie Hile said...

Oh my goodness!! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Love the white on white and I imagine the sparkle is even more beautiful "in person". I hope you had a great trip! :)