Friday, November 6, 2009

Last of the Halloween Treats!

I know I'm so behind on posting but here are the last of the Halloween treats I made this year. I saw these cute little kit kat holders and had to give the mummy one a try. The tutorials are so clear and so easy to follow. I love the way they turned out and they are so quick to make! I did change a few things: I eliminated some of the layering on the eyes and instead just coloured circles with my white uniglo pen on black 1/2" circles. I also added layers of vanilla above and below so the eyes were a little more hidden! Inside, I used the word label punch instead of the modern label punch - I just punched it twice close together to make the opening big enough to fit the kit kat. You can see in the top picture, I put them at an angle so you could see kit kat inside. If you pop over there to the tutorial check out all of the awesome tutorials Angie has down the side of her blog - they are fantastic!

I saw that cute little pumpkin poop story on Kerry's paper crafting blog and just had to give it a try. I don't know who originally had it but that is the one I saw. It was again super quick and easy to make and could work with so many different Halloween candies! Again, I used Marni's RGB values to create the title of the saying in pumpkin pie so it would coordinate properly.

Mummy Supplies

Ink: SU close to cocoa
Paper: SU close to cocoa, vanilla, basic black
Punches: SU 1/2" circle, word label punch
Misc: Velcro, SU white uniglo pen, SU sponge daubers, red sticky tape

Pumpkin Poop

Stamps: SU batty for you
Ink: SU pumpkin pie
Paper: SU ww, pumpkin pie, basic black
Punches: SU 1", 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circles, scallop circle punch
Misc: SU medium cello bags, SU white uniglo pen, red sticky tape

4 comments:

Renée said...

This s a fabulous project!! Love the mummy :)

Jen said...

super cute treats!! i love those mummy's!!

Christina Fischer said...

So cute! The mummy is great! :)

Marni said...

How cute! Like everyone else, I LOVE the mummy! Thanks so much for the link to my website! :)