Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Mom's 50th Birthday

I'm sharing this over a month late, but better late than never. I love the way this card turned out. It's definitely one of my favourites but took a lot of time to create. I love the look of regal rose and basic gray together so I decided they would be my main colours. I stamped the image several times in versamark ink to create the background on the gray paper. It took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to do for a sentiment because I didn't want it to be on the gray paper but I wanted it to be in the center. Looking through my supplies I found the So Cool rubons which have parts to cut and rub together to create the sentiment! It looks a bit fuzzy in the picture but it actually worked out awesome on the ribbon!

To create the great shading effect on the flowers, I stamped the Embrace Life flower in Versamark on pretty in pink paper and heat embossed it in white, then cut it out with my paper snips. Then I took my sponge dauber and sponged on some regal rose starting in the center and working outwards. After that I used my blender pens in regal rose ink to shade in overlapping petal areas. Finally, I used my white uniglo pen to colour in the circle parts at the center (the anther of the flower). You can't see from the picture but there is also another flower inside of the card.

Supplies

Stamps: SU Embrace Life
Rubons: SU So Cool
Ink: SU versamark
Paper: SU ww, basic gray, pretty in pink, regal rose
Ribbon: SU 5/8" regal rose grosgrain
Misc: SU sponge daubers, blender pens, white ep

P.S. I'm hoping to get some photos of the scrapbook we made her over the next few days to share too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card. The rub ons are a great idea. Thanks for sharing the details. Kit Marie

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful! Your shading on the flowers is marvelous..they look so delicate considering they're stamped on cardstock! Happy Birthday to your Mom!