Saturday, July 3, 2010

Newlywed CASE

I fell in love with this card on SCS featuring the new level 1 hostess set "Because I Care" and decided to CASE it! To create the background, I made a template then used my sponge daubers to sponge crumb cake (formerly known as kraft) ink within the template. I didn't do my sponging quite as evenly as the card I CASEd becuase I kind of like the texture it gives. Then I stamped the image on watercolour paper in StazOn jet black ink - StazOn prevents the image from bleeding when you add the water. I then watercoloured it in cherry cobbler and picked darkened the centers with the same ink using my blender pens. For the leaves I used my old olive marker and coloured the bottom of the petals and used the aquapainter again to blend the colour upwards for shading!

I didn't have any satin black ribbon and it just didn't look right with crumb cake taffeta ribbon so I settled for this black grosgrain - not quite the same elegant effect though. As for the black brads I did use another company because SU didn't have them at the time but they are now available in the new catalogue.

Don't forget to check out this post with all the new catalogue details!

Stamps: SU because I care (hostess), teeny tiny wishes
Ink: SU cherry cobbler, old olive, StazOn jet black
Paper: SU ww, crumb cake, basic black, watercolour paper
Ribbon: SU 1/4" basic black grosgrain
Misc: SU sponge dauber, aquapainter, blender pens, brads
Brads: SU

2 comments:

Me, My Stamps and I said...

simply stunning !!!!!!!
great case!!!!!!!!!!
tfs:)

Carolyn King said...

Beautifuly done. That is a stunner!