Sunday, June 29, 2008

Jen's Groovy Sketch

This week, Jen's sketch for you to try seemed so beautiful I had to give it a try. Especially after looking at her gorgeous sample. I altered the sketch slightly by making it standard size rather than long, but I figure it's ok because she made hers square!

I had seen this colour combo (basic gray and groovy guava) somewhere before and loved it and thought this would be a great sketch to try it out with. I love the way that this turned out. I just wish I had gray ink to have stamped the sentiment with. Since I didn't, I stamped the image with VersaMark and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder then raised it up on dimensionals.

I also got a chance to try out making faux page pebbles with Crystal Effects. These were super easy and they look great. Andrea Walford has a tutorial so can see how to make them here.

Stamps: SU Full of Life
Paper: SU basic gray, groovy guava, ginger blossom dp
Ink: VersaMark
Accessories: Crystal Effects, Whispers clear embossing powder, SU dimensionals

0 comments: