Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Happy Canada Day! My First Altered Lunch Tin!

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canadian readers!

Since starting to make cards, I have had nowhere to put them so they got crammed in a drawer in my desk. Well, now that I am making them more often that is not working too well, so I decided to try to alter a lunch tin.

This is a head on view of the front to see it a bit clearer:

I followed the instructions on SCS here. I had to alter them slightly as my tin is from Maya Road instead of Provo Craft. I managed to take of the handle and latch so that I could cover it and then put them on afterwards to avoid awkward cuts.

It took some practice to be able to get the paper to dry well without a bunch of bubbles. I ended up pulling up the first piece of paper and sanding it flat because even though it seemed like their were no bubbles, once it started drying a ton showed up. There are still a few on this but I covered majority of them up with the ribbon!

It was also my first attempt at this type of bow. I love the look of them because they are so simple and elegant.

Tin: Maya Road Dinner tin
Paper: SU Fall flowers, Old olive
Ribbon: SU Old olive 5/8" grosgrain
Accessories: Modge Podge matte, sponge brush, Cricut (letters cut with George cartridge)

2 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

Allison, you've done a fabulous job altering this tin! I especially like the bow on the front! LOVE IT !!!

Anonymous said...

What a great altered piece! Lovely!
smiles, Deena