Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Birthday Gift Card Tin

This was such a fun project for me to make and I love the way it turned out - I almost don't want to give it away. I can't take credit for this idea because I actually saw it on Patty's blog here. This is for my sisters birthday and I hope she likes it! Like Patty, I cut adhered ribbon on the inside and looped it to the outside so that it's easier to open (plus I think it looks pretty). The hippo image was stamped in basic black and then coloured in with SU markers. The inside of the tin was a lot of work but well worth it. I could have made it a lot easier if I didn't use so many layers but I can't help it - I love to layer! The left hand pocket has a little insert to write a message on and the right hand side holds a gift card (note: I didn't get her a Tim's gift card that is just all I had at home for picture purposes).

These tins take a lot of work, but are well worth it if you want a new way to jazz up gift cards!

Supplies

Stamps: SU Pun Fun
Ink: SU regal rose, basic black, pretty in pink, barely banana, old olive
Paper: SU regal rose, barely banana, old olive, ww, Georgia peach dp (retired)
Punches: SU corner rounder, SU round tab punch
Ribbon: SU regal rose 5/8" grosgrain
Tin: SU silver skinny tin

0 comments: