Wednesday, November 5, 2008

RDOA, SC201 Christmas

I'm back to posting randomly after having last week off and having tons of time to stamp. Plus to top it off, I'm on night shifts so my photos aren't great because the sun is already gone by the time I wake up!

Here is a card using the colour challenge here as part of RDOA. I also combined this weeks sketch challenge, SC201, on SCS for inspiration for the layout. I had this card in my mind for a while but it didn't turn out quite like I hoped - I think because I didn't want to cut down the main image but I had pictured it smaller than it is. Oh well. Here is another card I used just to see how it looked with the other stamp from this organic outlines set. I know lots of people don't really like this set, but as soon as I saw it I had to have it (even though I've hardly used it)! I like the first card better. If only I didn't see this cards in real life, I could blame not liking them on the poor photograph. Unless you have a stamping blog as well, you wouldn't believe how much of a difference it really makes having natural light!

Supplies

Card 1
Stamps: SU Organic Outlines, Short & Sweet
Ink: SU mellow moss, chocolate chip
Paper: SU ww, mellow moss, ridinghood red, chocolate chip, Kraft
Flower: Making Memories pointsetta and brad (which conveniently is the same colour as ridinghood red!)

Card 2:
Stamps: SU Organic Outlines
Ink: SU mellow moss
Paper: SU ww, mellow moss, ridinghood red, chocolate chip
Flower: Making Memories pointsetta and brad

6 comments:

Angel said...

I like them both! And I agree with you about the light! Makes a world of difference!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

These are simply beautiful! LOVE those colors!

Tara said...

both pretty I really like the one with the filled in image! :)

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love them both! Great colours and awesome take on the sketch challenge!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Allison, LOVE the stunning design and the beautiful flower accent.

Have a wonderful weekend, Jennifer :)

Carolyn King said...

they are beautiful! love the red flower with those colors! Great cards!