Monday, April 4, 2011

Growing Green for Mother's Day

I haven't had too many creative ideas lately, so I've been CASEing cards that I have had in my favourites file. I absolutely loved this card by Elaine Uhl as it really showcases the beauty of the growing green stamp set (which is probably my favourite stamp set) so I had to do my own (although not very different) take on it.
The photo really doesn't show how vibrant the colours are but you get a pretty good idea anyway. I really didn't change much other than adding a couple layers, ribbon and the choice of stamp set for the sentiment.
This card was very time consuming! All of the leaves and flowers are watercoloured and then cut out of watercolour paper before being adhered to the card base. To achieve the two-lined sentiment, since the original is all on one line, I used my stamp-a-ma-jig and markers to line it up as I wanted.

Stamps: SU Growing Green, Something to Celebrate (hostess)
Ink: SU basic black, pear pizazz, concord crush, cherry cobbler, StazOn jet black
Paper: SU basic black, ww, watercolour
Ribbon: SU 1/4" basic black grosgrain
Misc: SU stamp-a-ma-jig, aquapainter

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Gorgeous card Allison!

Wendy J. said...

This is beautiful, Allison! I love that stamp set!

Elaine said...

Very beautiful, Allison! :) I love the ribbon added to this card. Very nice. TFS.

Christine Blain said...

Wow! This is stunning. I love the richness of the colours. All the hard work was well worth it; the end result is beautiful!

Lesley said...

This is amazing, your colouring and the colours you chose, make this card a knockout!!

Jen Mitchell said...

Your time consuming card has really paid off. This is so AWESOME!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Beautiful color combo, too! :)