Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sorrowful CASE

I haven't had much creativity again - seems to be happening a lot lately! So as usual, I decided to CASE another card. I've had this beautiful card by Wendy in my favourites folder for some time and finally decided to do my own take on it.
I swapped the colours from elegant eggplant to concord crush and old olive to pear pizzazz. My sponging on the sentiment panel is not nearly as nice as Wendy's but I guess I'll just have to keep practicing because I love the way it looks with the white border. This colour combo is definitely one of my new favourites!

Stamps: SU Fast & Fabulous (hostess), Thoughts & Prayers
Ink: StazOn jet black, SU concord crush, pear pizzazz
Paper: SU ww, concord crush, marina mist, pear pizzazz, watercolour, concord crush dp (hostess)
Ribbon: SU 3/8" white taffeta
Brads: SU 3/16" brads
Misc: SU pearls, dimensionals
Tools: SU aquapainter, sponge daubers, circle cutter

1 comments:

Wendy J. said...

Thank you, Allison. What a sweet compliment to be CASEd! Your card turned out lovely! I really like the way you sponged the circle, it looks mystic and "sorrowful"! And that's a perfect little bow! Have a wonderful weekend!