Monday, November 17, 2008

12 Days of Christmas - Day 1

Note: This is the third post for today, so scroll down for the other posts.

Many people have asked me what I believe are the essentials to paper crafting. Therefore, rather than focus on a specific product for day 1 of my "12 Days of Christmas" I have decided to discuss what products are essential to be able to START paper crafting. Some of these products will be featured on future days to highlight the benefits of each!

At its most basic, these supplies are essential for all types of paper crafting:
  • Cardstock - heavy weight paper used as a card base or scrapbooking page
  • Adhesive - comes in many varieties depending on its intended use (whether scrapbooks or cards) to adhere papers, pictures and embellishments together
  • Paper cutter - to ensure straight cuts

Depending on the type of paper crafting you are interested in, there are a few additional items that you should invest in (therefore, the are not essential to all crafts but I will tell you what they are useful for).

  • Bone folder - scores paper and creates a clean fold for cardmaking
  • Designer paper - patterned paper to create interest on cards/scrapbooks
  • Stamps and Inks - if you are interested in stamping on your cards or scrapbooks
  • Embellishments - include a variety of materials (flowers, buttons, ribbons, etc.) to add interest and dimension on your paper crafts

Stay tuned for more specific information on some of these products on the remaining days of Christmas feature. If you are in need of information quickly, feel free to send me an email.

1 comments:

Beverly said...

OMG! This is a fabulous idea! How wonderful.. geez, I wish I had thought of it! I will just refer folks to your blog, since you got it covered! LOL!