Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Baby Thank You Set

One of the girls at work is having her first baby and so as a little be-lated Christmas gift (because I haven't seen her yet) I am going to give her this little baby thank you card set. I had to keep the colours gender neutral as she is keeping the gender a surprise! This set features two of the new stamp sets available in the new occasions mini catalogue that starts today (see the post below for more details) - "Fox & Friends" as well as "A to Z." It seems no matter how many animal sets I own, I always want more because they are too cute and fox and friends was no exception!

This little monkey is what drew me to the set! Check out how cute this little turtle is too! This is the third giraffe stamp I own, they are all so different! I love the little heart coming out in the spray of the whale - such a cute little detail! Finally, here is the lion (my second lion stamp)! There is also a fox and owl in this set but I opted for the above five as they are my favourites! If you like these images a lot, they are also available as part of the Definitely Decorative line of vinyl images that can be applied to walls, blocks, etc. - great for a child's bedroom or playroom!

To create the background using the A to Z stamp, I inked the image in old olive and stamped it on certainly celery paper. According to the SU Colour coach these two colours are a "dynamic duo" meaning they pair together to create the most coordinated monochromatic look. The colour coach is a valuable resource that also contains great information on colour combinations.

As you can see from the photos, I also created coordinating envelopes for each card, stamping the animal in either certainly celery or so saffron.

Stamps: SU Fox & Friends, A to Z, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: SU Versamark, certainly celery, old olive, so saffron
Paper: SU ww, certainly celery, delicate dots dp (retired)
Ribbon: SU 5/8" so saffron grosgrain
Misc: SU white ep
Punch: SU 1 1/4" square

4 comments:

Christina Fischer said...

Totally adorable! I love the stamped background and the coordinating envelopes! :)

Jen said...

allsion, these are so cute! perfect baby cards!! i'm sure your friend will LOVE them!!

Jodi Collins said...

How FABULOUS! What an AWESOME set and wonderful gift! I am sure she will LOVE these! I wouldn't want to give them away!

Carolyn King said...

what a sweet gift. LOVE the green and yellow color!