Sunday, July 31, 2011

Last Chance for July's SFYTT

Submitting this card for this months SFYTT just under the wire!
I really struggled with this sketch, mostly because of the three circles but I think it turned out okay. I don't love it but I don't hate it either. I wanted to use the new in colours but I couldn't think of what I would use in place of the buttons since there aren't any in those colours, but as soon as I was done I realized I could have used butterflies there instead.

Stamps: SU awash with flowers, fabulous phrases
Ink: SU basic black, wild wasabi, perfect plum, versamark
Paper: SU ww, basic black, perfect plum
Ribbon: SU 3/8" ww tafetta
Powder: SU ww embossing powder
Punch: SU 1" circle, corner rounder
Buttons: SU perfect plum designer buttons (subtles collection)
Misc: SU heat tool, sticky strip, glue dots

6 comments:

Vicki Burdick said...

so pretty!!!

Beate said...

Beautiful card, Allison!
Hugs and smiles

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful! Love the monochromatic colours and buttons finish it perfectly!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

so beautiful!!!!!
love the clean lines!
Tfs:)

Anne Marie Hile said...

SO pretty! Love the color combo and the button accents. Very crisp and clean! :)

Julie Marshall said...

Hi Allison,

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I hopped over here to see what you have new...and I came across this beautiful card. I love perfect plum and that you used it on a monochromatic card was a great choice. TFS.