Monday, July 11, 2011

SC340 Get Well Embossed

Fabulous Florets is one of my favourite new stamps and it's perfect for embossing. This card was inspired by the sketch challenge SC340 and the ways to use it challenge WT329 to combine something old and something new.

In terms of something old, the challenge suggested something older than 6 months. So, I used retired ribbon from when melon mambo was an "in colour" and not yet in the brights collection. I also used the Thoughts & Prayers stamp set that I have owned since it was released at least a couple years ago.

In terms of something newer than 6 months old, I used my new stamp set Fabulous Florets, and two new embossing powders (melon mambo and wild wasabi).
There are four different heat embossed elements on this card:
  • the larger flower is heat embossed on whisper white paper with melon mambo embossing powder
  • the small flower is heat embossed with white embossing powder on melon mambo paper
  • the stem is heat embossed using wild wasabi embossing powder
  • the sentiment is heat embossed using black embossing powder.
I love the look and feel that heat embossing gives to cards and I used to do it much more so now that Stampin' Up! has some great colours of powders, I plan on trying to use it more often again.

Stamps: SU Fabulous Florets, Thoughts & Prayers
Ink: Versamark
Paper: SU ww, basic black, malon mambo
Embossing Powders: whisper white, basic black, wild wasabi, melon mambo
Ribbon: SU 1/2" polka dot melon mambo grosgrain (retired), white bakers twine
Button: SU basic black from neutral designer buttons
Misc: SU heat gun, dimensionals

1 comments:

Jodi Collins said...

Beautiful card Allison! LOVE the colors and layout! All of the embossing adds such an elegant touch!