Monday, March 23, 2009

Egg-stra Special Box

I decided that I've hoarded on to this PTI just hatched egg box long enough and it's about time I decorated it. The Verve Project Parade gave me the inspiration I needed to actually get around to it. I love the way this project came out. The colours are so fun and perfect for Spring and Easter. I used Mod Podge to adhere all of the papers to the box. I don't know how people seem to do it without any bubbles but I can't seem to do it! There must be a trick or something I don't know about or I'm just not patient enough when trying to get them all out! The flowers are held in place using glue dots.

I lined the edge of the lid with 5/8" certainly celery grosgrain and then added an extra layer of 1/4" pretty in pink grosgrain on top of that. They are all held in place with Scor Tape. The rough edges of the ribbon line up at one of the corners of the lid so they aren't very noticeable. Here is a quick view of the inside of the box as well as the underside of the lid. They too are all lined with paper using Mod Podge.

Finally, here is a good overhead view of the eggs inside the egg tray in the box. I wasn't able to get my circle punch to fit over the cardboard tray once it was lined with paper so I used my hobby blade to cut the circles out where the eggs sit.

I finished it off with some plastic eggs that I found at the $1 store in packs of 12. There were tons of different colours now too, so this could be altered to work with any colour scheme. Now I just have to fill the eggs with some candy!

Supplies

Box: PTI Just Hatched Box
Paper: SU Spring Fling dp (retired)
Ribbon: SU 5/8" certainly celery grosgrain, 1/4" pretty in pink grosgrain
Flowers: Heidi Swapp (large) and Prima (small)
Brad: Making Memories
Misc: Scor-tape, hobby blade, Mod Podge, foam brush, plastic eggs

11 comments:

Janelle Stollfus said...

Very nice and clean. Thanks for sharing!

Christina Fischer said...

Cute, cute, cute!! What a great project! :)

Amber said...

That is and awesome box, very cute.

Anonymous said...

This is FABULOUS!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just fabulous! Love the crisp lines and gorgeous colors. Thanks for playing! :)

Carolyn King said...

awesome...love the dp you used! Cute as can be!

Molly B said...

That is adorable! I love the colors. Don't feel bad, I can't use mod podge with out getting bubbles either, LOL! -Molly B

Jodi Collins said...

This is just GORGEOUS Allison!! WOW!

Nikki Schmaltz said...

Very cute! I hoard things too:)

Terri Trotter Earley said...

What a neat idea. I forgot all about my egg box from PTI. Great job with the verve parade.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

NinaB said...

I love the clean and simple look of this. It's just beautiful.