Thursday, March 5, 2009

Everything Old is New Again

Here's a great project I created by recycling my old build-a-brad containers and turning them into a great Easter treat (well they could be for anything depending on how you decorate them)! This is the top view of the tin and you can see how I used my SU markers to ink the stamp to match the colours of the papers. You can see in this view how I affixed the striped paper around the tin using SU sticky strip - super easy! This shows how you slide of the center panel to open the tin. Inside I have just cut thin strips of the same designer paper and crinkled it up to lay the candies on top of. You can't see it here, but the bottom of the tin is also covered in the blue paper. This whole project took no time at all and shows how everything old is new again! In other words, SAVE everything to alter!

Supplies:

Stamps: SU Yummy (SAB)
Ink: SU bashful blue, certainly celery markers
Paper: SU bashful blue, certainly celery, ww, delicate dots dp (SAB)
Ribbon: SU 5/8" certainly celery grosgrain
Misc: SU Build-a-brad tin, SU Sticky strip

Be sure to check back later tonight to see if you are the winner of my blog candy (you can still enter here until 7:00 PM MST)!

1 comments:

Christina Fischer said...

What a great way to recycle! I love the shredded paper inside!