Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Sweet Valentine Wedding Invitations

Sorry I have been MIA, I've been working just about every day for the last two weeks to get some extra $ before the wedding. When I've not been working, I've been working on these wedding invitations for my Mom's boss (just a little pressure)!

She had liked the look of my wedding invitations and asked if I could come up with a design for hers using navy and silver. After a few ideas, these are the final invitations - all 80 of them! Sorry the picture isn't great! I must admit, if you want to do invitations, embossing is not the best idea unless you have a ton of time! I was not expecting it to take so long. The silver embossed hearts took me over 2 hours to just stamp and emboss (to be fair, I did have a few extra that I didn't use because I didn't like how close the image ended up to the edge of square)! I'm really happy with the way that they turned out (I hope Sharon and Ed are as well)! As usual, I also used Marni's colour values to ensure the navy ink printed the same colour as the cardstock.

Supplies:

Stamp: Verve Visual Sweet Valentine
Ink: VersaMark
Paper: SU ww, night of navy, brushed silver
Embossing Powder: SU silver

0 comments: