Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Favourite New Christmas Set

The Jolly Bingo Bits stamp set in the new Holiday Mini catalogue is too cute and has so many fun images. I saw this card on Stampin' Connection and had to create a little set inspired by it using more of the images from this set. This set was fairly easy to make - the most time consuming thing was trying to line up and space the images as perfectly as possible. I accomplished this by straightening the white cardstock they are stamped on along grid paper then figuring out the center line and working out from there for horizontal spacing. Then, I just eyeballed vertical spacing and the angle I wanted the image at. It's not perfect - but I still like it.

Here you can get a better look at the cards:
It's kind of funny how even with such similar cards I still have a favourite!

The stripes were created just using my real red stampin' marker and a ruler! I have to say too, that I love this 1/8" taffeta ribbon! I originally thought it would be too skinny to be useful but it turns out quite nicely.

Stamps: SU Jolly Bingo Bits, Four the Holidays
Ink: Real Red
Paper: SU ww, real red
Ribbon: SU 1/8" real red taffeta

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are great cards. Love the simple design. HoboB

Jodi Collins said...

These are gorgeous Allison! FAB design!

Donna Henley said...

What a great idea for that stamp set, Allison! I love the crisp, clean look of the red & white, too.
But why on earth didn't you use the Stamp-a-ma-Jig to line up your images? Not that they're crooked or anything, but your description of how you did it sounds really hard, lol.

Allison said...

I actually did use the stamp a ma jig a bit - but I find it quite difficult to space things equally apart using it - I mostly just used it for trying to keep the angle of the stamps the same!