Tuesday, August 12, 2008

4 More AVS Cards - The Last of Them

The next two cards are for todays sketch, AVS12. I liked the way the first one turned out so I made a second! They didn't photograph well at all though because of all the dots or something (they look way better in real life)!
AVS12 Card 1: AVS12 Card 2: All of the circles on the right as well as the scallop are raised on dimensionals because they looked a little funny laying flat with the swiss dots folder underneath.

This card is for AVS06. Grant really likes this card because of the colours and saying! I too LOVE this tangerine tango colour. I ordered tons of stuff to go with it yesterday! The ribbon looks bad in the picture because of the angle, but it is actually straight. If you can click on it on your computer, take a look at the way the colouring in the flower turned out - it looks so neat because of the way the rubon takes up colour!

Finally, saving the best for last, is my favourite card from all of the ones I have created. It is for AVS01. This card uses the new in colours kiwi kiss and baja breeze. I thought I would try using makeup sponges to apply ink to the stamp so that I could stamp in different colours and it worked. I just "huffed" on the image after sponging the colours on where I wanted them. It only required a few minor touch ups for the detailed area with a blender pen in the ink!

I also dyed the ribbon using my baja reinker to match. You can watch a video that shows two different techniques for ribbon dying here at Dawns Stamping Thoughts.

Supplies:

AVS12 Card 1
Stamp: SU So Many Scallops
Ink: SU Certainly celery
Paper: SU Certainly celery, ww, ? dp from Costco
Misc: circle and scallop punches, SU dimensionals, CB swiss dots embossing folder

AVS12 Card 2
Stamp: SU So Many Scallops
Ink: SU pale plum
Paper: SU pale plum, ww, ? dp from Costco
Misc: circle and scallop punches, SU dimensionals, CB swiss dots embossing folder

AVS06
Rubon: SU Love & Happiness
Paper: SU basic black, ww, tangerine tango
Ribbon: Spool O'Ribbon
Brads: Making Memories - they match so well!
Misc: SU dimensionals, circle cutters

AVS01
Stamp: SU Garden Silhouettes
Ink: SU kiwi kiss, baja breeze, night of navy
Paper: SU kiwi kiss, baja breeze, night of navy, ww
Ribbon: American Crafts grosgrain
Misc: Corner rounder punch, baja breeze reinker, SU dimensionals

4 comments:

Niki Estes said...

Great cards, Allison! I love the blue and green one.

Elizabeth said...

All of your cards for AVS are so gorgeous! I wish I had the time to participate in those challenges.

Amber said...

Great cards! I really like the color combinations... And I love the clean look of your work!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Wowser! Fabulous cards, love all the polkadots! Great job with the sketches..these are just wonderful!