Saturday, August 9, 2008

Sick so Stamping!

Well I'm at home sick with strep throat. I've been sick since Monday and am not to return to work until this coming Monday - which sucks when you're in a new job so have no sick time built up. The only good thing is since I can barely talk I'm getting tons of stamping done! This will be a long post with lots to share!

This week over at the Verve forum in SCS, they are celebrating their one year anni-verve-sary with sketches, prizes and sneek peeks of their soon to be released stamp sets. I've decided to try to do all 12 of the sketches and have made decent progress so far. The only sucky thing is my Verve Stamps I've ordered have not yet arrived so I'm using other companies' stamps. I'm not showing them in the order they go but will share a few every day.

This is my card for today's sketch, AVS09. I love the way this card turned out!
This was also my first attempt at the paper tole technique! (A list of supplies for all cards will be at the end of the post)

This card is for yesterday's sketch, AVS08. This card also doubles as a card for CC178 as I only used river rock and white (well black if you count ink but white doesn't show well on river rock). I paper pieced the flowers since I didn't buy the river rock ink to be able to colour in the image.

For something different, I tried out one of Taylor's Sketch Challenges, TECC28, for the first time. This is the card I created - and I think it is definitely one of my favourites! Notice the shine on the cupcake - that's my first attempt at really using Crystal Effects as part of an image!

Supplies:

AVS09
Stamp: SU Wild About You
Ink: SU barely banana, certainly celery
Paper: SU barely banana, certainly celery, spring fling dp
Brads: SU barely banana
Misc: SU dimensionals

AVS08
Stamps: SU Lots Thoughts, Embrace Life
Ink: SU basic black
Paper: SU ww, river rock, ginger blossom dp
Ribbon: SU river rock
Eyelets: Provo Craft
Misc: Corner rounder punch, oval cutter

TECC28
Stamps: Stamping Bella cuppacakeabella, SU so many scallops
Ink: SU basic black, pretty in pink
Pastels: SU pretty in pink, barely banana
Paper: SU barely banana, pretty in pink, spring fling dp
Brad: SU pretty in pink
Ribbon: Spool O'Ribbon
Misc: crystal effects, circle punches

3 comments:

Donna Baker said...

great cards! hope you're feeling better now, no fun but glad you're getting to stamp, huh??

Loreen said...

Lovey that Lion =)

Taylor said...

Thanks for playing my challenge...I'm sooo glad you love your card! And I must say Crystal Effects are dazzling! =) Hope to see you next week too!