Monday, February 23, 2009

Botanical Blooms with a Twist

I've been catching up again on some sketch challenges - in particular, Verve Stamps February Viva La Verve challenges.

This card is for VLVFeb01, in which you had to use the sketch challenge and the twist for this challenge was to include some form of embossing (heat or dry). I love the way this turned out.

This was an extra bit of a challenge for me because I hate using ovals. I usually substitute something else in place of ovals when they are icluded in sketch challenges but I decided to try to keep it this time.

Supplies

Stamps: SU Botanical Blooms
Ink: SU old olive, regal rose, pretty in pink
Paper: SU old olive, ww, so saffron, georgia peach dp (retired)
Ribbon: SU 5/8" regal rose grosgrain
Brads: SU old olive brads
Punches: SU scallop edge punch
Misc: Cuttle bug swiss dots embossing folder

2 comments:

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Beautiful! So spring like with your colour choices!

Sherry said...

How lovely.. makes me feel like spring is just around the corner! Love the colors used and the sketch.. very pretty!