Thursday, February 26, 2009

Final Sketch Challenge with a Twist

This card is for the final Viva La Verve sketch challenge with a twist, VLVFeb04. The twist this time was to use acetate - which I haven't used in forever although I love the look it has. I absolutely love this card. It's one of those ones that turned out even better than I had imagined it! As for the acetate: I embossed it and layered it on top of the brown layer that has the ribbon running down it.

As usual, I just can't get enough of this set or my new favourite colour, sage shadow. I really hope this stamp set sticks around when the new catalogue gets released in the summer!

Make sure you come back later to enter for some great BLOG CANDY!!

Supplies:

Stamps: SU Botanical Blooms, SU Sweet Little Sentiments (hostess)
Ink: SU chocolate chip, sage shadow
Paper: SU chocolate chip, ww, sage shadow, Autumn vine dp (retired), acetate
Brads: SU 5/16" jumbo chocolate chip brads
Ribbon: SU 1/4" sage shadow grosgrain

10 comments:

Christina Fischer said...

Love these colors and papers!! Great card! :)

Sherry said...

Lovin the sage shadow myself! What a lovely card!

Nancy Riley said...

I love this card too, Allison! GREAT job!

Anonymous said...

I love this card. Are you willing to make more and sell them?
HoboB

Allison Rankin said...

Gorgeous...just love that you used Sage Shadow here!

Denise Marzec said...

Oooooh, this is beautiful! Love your stamp choice and colors!!

Stephanie Hargis said...

This is absolutely beautiful Allison! I love how you added the acetate! Gorgeous girl!

Jodi Collins said...

This is just GORGEOUS Allison! Beautiful beautiful beautiful!!

CarrollAnn (~CA~) said...

I love your style! Great colors and papers; clean lines! Fabulous card!!!

Becky G said...

Beautiful card! I love the colors!

Hug~Becky