Tuesday, February 3, 2009

SFYTT Tart & Tangy

As soon as I saw Jen's SFYTT sketch this weekend, I knew right away I wanted to use my tart and tangy set. It worked perfectly with the four circles.

I love the brightness of this card. I played around a lot with what colour to make the "orange" image because it really can be just about anything depending on how you colour it. I didn't like it orange or yellow for a lemon because it stood out too much from the rest of the card then. I tried a lime look but then it was the only thing that was one colour. Finally, I settled on this which kind of looks like a watermelon. I figured it was close enough anyway to work!

I'm trying out new ways to photograph my projects so the background isn't so random, so you may see some changes over the next while.

I'm so glad this stamp set hasn't retired yet. I just wish the coordinating summer picnic designer paper didn't retire yet!

Supplies:

Stamps: SU Tart & Tangy
Ink: SU real red, old olive markers
Paper: SU ww, old olive, summer picnic dp (retired)
Ribbon: SU old olive 5/8" grosgrain
Punches: 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches

2 comments:

Amber said...

Great card, love the simplicity of it.

Anonymous said...

This is DARLING!!! Thanks for playing! Hugs-Jd