Friday, February 6, 2009

Teacher Thank You

After getting new stamp supplies for Christmas I had to reorganize my stamping space and found this stamp set that I had ordered but yet to use. Seeing as Grant is in his last practicum on his way to become a teacher, I thought I would use it to make a card for him to give to his TA when he is done as a thank you.

This card was quite a bit of work to do just because of all of the colouring involved. I stamped the image in SU basic black then used the stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the thank you sentiment underneath. Then I used a combination of SU markers and pastels to colour in the image.

Plus, I took this as another opportunity to use the Summer Picnic designer paper - one of my supplies that I've been hoarding because I love it so much. I wish it wasn't retired.

Supplies:

Stamps: Stamping Bella Teachabella, SU Short & Sweet
Ink Pad: SU basic black
Markers: SU real red, old olive, bashful blue, pumpkin pie, summer sun, close to cocoa, pixie pink
Pastels: SU old olive, chocolate chip, creamy caramel
Paper: SU ww, old olive, summer picnic dp

1 comments:

Amber said...

Great card, so clean and crisp. I am sure it will be appreciated.