Sunday, February 1, 2009

TECC53 Embrace Baja Breeze

I'm back with a card for Taylor's sketch TECC53. This was a great sketch and I had a hard time deciding what to do for it because I had so many ideas. Ultimately, I ended up with this card. For this card, I used reverse masking to create a template to sponge the baja breeze ink within the flower to get a bit more shading. It didn't turn out quite like I was hoping but it was my first time doing the sponging technique so hopefully with more practice it will look like some of the great sponged flowers I've seen on other blogs. I'm not sure why the sponged flower looks like a different colour from the rest in the photo but it all looks baja breeze in person.

Supplies:

Stamps: SU Embrace Life
Ink: SU Embrace Life
Paper: SU baja breeze, ww, green tea dp (retired)
Brads: Bazzill white
Misc: SU sponge dauber

6 comments:

Corie said...

This is beautiful and elegant, love it

Kathryn said...

WOW - so BEAUTIFUL -- Love the color! :)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! I love this colour.

Taylor said...

Very pretty! Love the simplicity of your card!

Allison Rankin said...

This is lovely...great layout!

Amber said...

OHH la la, love it. Into the favourites.