Friday, March 7, 2008

Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #38

I always look forward to Beate's weekend sketch challenge for more inspiration and layout ideas, and unfortunately I missed last weeks challenge. I made this card this morning for this weeks sketch challenge, but am just now getting around to posting it. I did modify it slightly as I liked the way the circle looked better than a rectantle/square and I liked it off to the side better as well for this card. Hope you don't mind the modifications Beate!


The stamp set is SU curvy verses - this is a set I have been wanting for a long time now but put off until signing up to be a demonstrator. I love the font and the fact that the saying is curved and not straight like so many other stamps that contain sayings. I think it makes the stamp a little more flexible to add other images to.

The cardstock and ink are both Stampin Up blue bayou. The green cardstock and patterned paper I have had for a long time and no longer know who made them - sorry! The flowers are Prima flowers and the green brad in the centre of the flowers is from Making Memories, which matched perfectly with the colour scheme.

2 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Great card, and great take on the challenge! I love the circle!

Anonymous said...

Allison, your card looks fantastic! I love the color and the paper you chose and I LOVE the circle! I am all for changing up sketches! I do it myself all the time. LOL
Hugs and smiles