Monday, March 31, 2008

Sympathy Set

After my Mom saw my previous post of the sympathy card we sent to Grant's step-mother, she sent me an email asking if I would make her several that she could use. Unfortunately, it seems as though she has been needing more of these than one would like!


So, I made her this set of 6 and a little box to put them in. These cards and the box use the SU Curvy Verses and Embrace Life sets.


These three from the set are made using black cardstock from Michaels (as I'm out of SU and Bazzill black). The colours of these are pretty in pink, apricot appeal, and bashful blue, the designer paper used is all from the "prints pack" SU hostess level 1 set - which is in my opinion the best level 1 set. The roses are all coloured with the corresponding SU stampin pastels and enhanced with blender pens. The ribbons are all from the $0.59 section at Michaels.


These three cards were made the same way using pale plum, certainly celery and barely banana. As I didn't have matching designer paper I cut another piece of the cardstock, stamped the blossoms from the Embrace Life set in Versamark and heat embossed the image to make my own patterned paper. Turned out well I think - although I think I should invest (not that it is expensive) in the embossing buddy to get rid of excess random embossing powder.


Finally, the box I made was using Charmaine's directions here. They are super clear and easy to follow. It is made with black and bashful blue cardstock. The box is large enough to fit these 6 cards and envelopes and more! I wrapped the coordinating ribbon around the box and stamped the image on the box just so it is clear what cards are inside it. I added two Prima Flowers just to jazz up the box a little more!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I love your card set and box!!!

Anonymous said...

The cards are lovely. How on earth did you make such tiny bows? I still have to figure that one out.

MichelleO said...

What a great set, they are so pretty and they make a great set for a gift!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty

Judy Rozema said...

These turned out beautifully!