Wednesday, March 5, 2008

SC166 Wild About You

I got up today just in time to have my Stampin Up starter kit delivered this morning! I didn't even finish putting everything together before I had to use them for this weeks Card Sketch Challenge over at SplitCoast Stampers.

The first card I made for the sketch challenge I accidentally swapped the order of the layered pieces of paper so I made another card that did it the way as shown in the sketch. Not that I minded, because I have been waiting to be able to play with the "Wild About You" set.


This elephant card is the one with the papers in the wrong order but I still love it. The elephant is stamped in Blue Bayou ink and matted with blue bayou cardstock. The yellow cardstock is DCWV that I used to match the patterned paper better with blue bayou. The yellow eyelets were just to add a little more interest.


This card is the one that has the paper going int he proper order as shown in the Sketch Challenge. The cardstock and ink are all wild wasabi. The white cardstock is whisper white. I wasn't able to find any matching paper that I had already so I just stamped one of my "background basics" stamps in wild wasabi to appear as patterned paper until I order some from Stampin Up.

For both cards, the cuttlebug embossing folder "spots and dots" was used to create a bit more interest - plus it is my favourite embossing folder! The main images were both also adhered using pop dots.

0 comments: