Friday, March 28, 2008

WSC41 Housewarming

I got my big SU order in the mail this week while I was away and I was so excited to use it. I needed to make a card tonight because my boyfriends brother is coming to visit us and he recently bought a house so we needed a card to put the gift in. I decided to combine this with Beate's WSC41. I had actually made a different card earlier but put it in the recycling bin because I really didn't like it.


This card uses Bazzill Basics textured cardstock in pink and brown (unsure of which shade exactly). Browns and pinks are one of my favourite colour combos. The patterned paper is from DCWV glitter set. I loved how nicely the pinks and browns of the designer paper matched the cardstock.

The stamp is from SU Pun Fun and stamped with SU Basic Black. The image is coloured in using SU stampin pastels in close to cocoa and pretty in pink. The SU Blender pens were used to give a little bit more dimension to the image. There is also the slightest touch of brilliant blue around the eyes but it is hard to see on the photo. The stamped image was matted with brown cardstock and pop dots were used to affix it to the card. All edges were corner rounded to match the corners of the squares on the designer paper.

I like the way this card turned out so much - I almost don't want to give it away!

5 comments:

Lynn Put said...

This is a really sweet card, I like the colors!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Love the sparkle paper and love the set. Hugs and smiles

Heather said...

I like pink and brown too and I love the touch of bling!

Anonymous said...

Very cute and sweet! Great congrats card!

Jennifer Buck said...

Love the bling! Such a cute card! TFS :)