Monday, March 17, 2008

SC167 Pomegranate Blossoms

I love the SU "Embrace Life" set and used it again for this weeks Card Sketch Challenge #167 at SCS. I'm not too happy with the way this card looks but hey, it was my first attempt at using the blender pens with the classic ink pads on a larger image.


The cardstock used is SU purely pomegranate, groovy guava and whisper white. I love these colours. The blossoms were stamped in SU basic black.

All of the images were coloured in using the SU blender pens and SU purely pomegranate classic ink. I think the little blossoms look pretty good and shaded well but I definitely need practice doing the larger images! At least with flowers, I can pass the lines off as shading, but that wouldn't be the case with any other images.

Again, I didn't have any coloured ribbon yet that matches well (I have some on order though) so I ran white ribbon through the purely pomegranate ink pad, let it dry and then sprayed it with hairspray. The hairspray seemed to make it so the colour would stop coming off on other things - I thought it was worth a try since I had nothing else available!

1 comments:

Gabby said...

This is beautiful Alison! Thanks for stopping by my blog candy and most of all...GOOD LUCK!!

Gabby